The Senegalese Football Federation (FSF) has released an official statement regarding the 18 Senegalese football fans currently being held in Morocco. The supporters were detained following incidents that took place during the Africa Cup of Nations final in Rabat last month.
In a communiqué issued on February 17, 2026, the FSF informed the public that the situation of the supporters is being followed with the greatest attention.

According to the FA, the Senegalese state is fully involved at the highest level and is working closely with the relevant Moroccan authorities.
The Federation stressed that these efforts are being made in respect of the strong and historic ties between the two countries.

The FSF also stated that the Senegalese ambassador in Morocco is coordinating all necessary actions. These steps include closely watching the conditions in which the supporters are being held, making sure their basic rights are respected, and ensuring they receive proper legal help.
The Federation also expressed its solidarity with the supporters, recognizing their continued commitment to the national teams. The FSF said it remains confident that diplomatic and legal efforts now under way will lead to a positive outcome in a short time.
The statement comes as the detained fans have reportedly started a hunger strike. According to their lawyer, Patrick Kabou, the group has not been told the specific charges against them since their arrest on January 18. The lawyer added that the supporters, who speak only Wolof, were questioned in French and Arabic. They are protesting what they see as a denial of justice after several court hearings were postponed.

The trial is now expected to continue next week.
The arrests followed disturbances near the end of the final match. Some Senegalese supporters tried to storm the pitch, and others were seen throwing objects onto the field.
In its communiqué, the FSF called for calm, solidarity, and trust in the steps being taken. The Federation said it will continue to inform the public of any major developments in the case.
